Seagate SkyHawk, 4 TB, Surveillance Internal Hard Drive HDD – 3.5 Inch 6 Gb/s 64 MB Cache
SkyHawk leverages Seagate's extensive experience in designing drives purpose-built for surveillance applications.
Only Seagate has been making drives specifically for surveillance storage for ten years. SkyHawk™ is built to keep systems in the field longer and reduce the need for post-deployment support.
- Network video recorders (NVR)
- Embedded surveillance DVRs (SDVR)
- Hybrid surveillance DVRs
- Surveillance DVRs
- ImagePerfect™ firmware supports 24×7 surveillance-optimized workloads tunedto record ~90% of the time and play back video footage the remaining 10%, andsupports more cameras recording at higher resolutions than traditional drives.
- Workload rating of 180TB/year allows SkyHawk to perform reliably in write-intensivesurveillance systems—3× the workload rating of a desktop-class drive
- NVR-ready design allows drives to maintain performance in RAIDand multi-drive systems, giving customers the flexibility to grow with the booming NVR market and scale their systems when more storage is needed.
- ATA streaming support sustains recordings from up to 64 HD cameras for smooth, uninterrupted footage
- 1M hours MTBF, 3-year limited warranty represents an improved total cost of ownership (TCO) with reduced maintenance costs
- Lower power consumption means a reduction in heat emissions, which improves reliability in surveillance solutions
- Tarnish-resistant components help protect drive from environmental elements, increasing field reliability.2
SkyHawk surveillance drives are designed for always-on workloads of 180TB/year. For higher transaction workloads,
see Seagate’s enterprise-class drive offerings.2 Tarnish-resistant components are offered standard on capacities of 4TB or greater